Friday, December 14, 2012

Fanfiction AUDIOBOOKS?

Have you ever been in the mood for fanfiction, but you just didn't feel like reading?  Have you ever had to put aside a really good fanfic because you had to get something done?  I find myself wishing all the time that fanfiction was more like TV or music, where you could have it going and still follow it without the intense focus that reading requires.  What I would really love is fanfiction, in audiobook form.

And why not?  We have audiobooks for real books because for some people it's just more convenient that way.  It opens up a whole new world of possibilities, letting you enjoy a good story while you drive, garden or jog.  Fanfiction should be that way, too.

That's what inspired me to create this blog.  I have had some experience narrating videos and PowerPoints in the past, so I thought that it would be a great idea to narrate some fanfiction and place it online for people to download for free.  I will be choosing some of my very favorite fanfics and narrating them from beginning to end.  I'm hoping that this leads to a bigger project where I and some other like-minded people can get together and create fanfiction audiobooks for the greater good!  If you have any thoughts on how to make this dream of mine a reality on a grander scale, shoot me an email at fanfictionaudiobooks@gmail.com.

I will be getting permission from authors to record and post their fics in audio form.  For the time being, I'll be posting mostly Harry Potter fanfiction, and probably only a couple of chapters a day.  However, the archive will grow and there will soon be a variety of fics to choose from!  It will be very exciting to get this project started.  The first chapter should be up tomorrow!

Looking forward to it.

- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment